* TINA CLAYTON IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS;
SCHEDULING AVAILABLE ON LIMITED BASIS *
What to expect during session:
A warm, safe, and accepting environment that is free of judgment. Your comfort level is a top priority to me. This is a place for you to feel supported to speak freely and honestly.
Kick off your shoes, get comfortable on the couch, and let the work begin.
Together, we will work to discover new ways of coping and understanding to alleviate your distress so that you can begin to live the most rewarding and fulfilling life possible.
I look forward to meeting you!
The "fine print" to expect:
When making an appointment, it is required that a credit card is posted on file in order to secure your appointment time.
Your card will not be charged unless you miss your appointment without notice.
Please be mindful that there is a 48 hour cancellation policy. It is understandable that life consists of obligations that may arise without notice, however in order to not take time away from someone else in need, you must cancel an appointment and receive confirmation within at least 48 hours of your appointment or you will be charged the no-show fee.
I accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
REDUCED FEE / SLIDING SCALE:
As a clinician, I am dedicated to providing quality psychotherapy services, education, and guidance in promoting wellness to all clients regardless of financial barriers. If you are uninsured and have a low income, I offer a service that may qualify you for a discounted fee for services! This service is provided on a limited as-available basis. Dependent on sliding scale availability, criteria considered in determining eligibility for a sliding fee includes your prior year's tax return as well as your prior month's income verification in the form of financial statements to reflect income less than 200% of the federal poverty level. Monthly verification will continue to be required for as long as sliding scale reduced fee services are rendered.
My clients usually pay for their services directly as a private-pay client rather than using their insurance to maintain their privacy/benefits and reduce reimbursement paperwork. For my clients that are private-pay, I offer affordable sessions with discount rates only applicable to them.
I do accept most major insurance plans, so please contact me via email or phone with the questions below answered. This enables me to submit your information to obtain a pre-auth to confirm that I can accept your individualized plan.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking your insurance company the following questions:
- Who is my insurance company? What is the name of my specific plan (if applicable)?
- What is the primary policy holder's name (self or family member)?
- What is the primary policy holder's date of birth?
- What is my member number? What is my group number?
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met? If not, how much is remaining?
- What is my policy date (beginning to end date)?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is my coverage amount per therapy session?
- Does my insurance plan require that I see providers on their panel?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?